Thursday, April 23, 2009

oH ThE FrUsTrAtIoN!!!!!

Today Trevor and Cole rode thier bikes to school. Well when I picked Cole up from school, I grabbed his scooter, and Trevor's bike was right there with it. So this afternoon, I get a phone call from a friend saying that Trev's bike was stolen and that she would bring him home. I called the school telling them that his bike was stolen and another one of his friends saw the kid who took it. I told them his first name, his grade and that his hair was blonde. I ask if there's any way that they could give me his # so I could call his parents and take care of it the easy way. "No" was the response I got and was told to call the Chief of Police. So I call the City of Enoch, and the chief was gone for the day. But I could call dispatch and they could send an officer out to start the report and figure out where the bike went. So is it really worth all of this work? Why can't the school get more involved when this happened on school grounds? Am I worrying about something stupid? How do you "accuse" a little kid of stealing if 'YOU' didn't see him but someone else claims he took it? And how do I do nothing when Trevor is the one who is suffering the loss?

6 comments:

Aubrie said...

You would think the parents would notice a "NEW" bike laying around the yard and handle it...good luck I hope Trev gets his bike back soon!!

Kelly said...

See if there is another way you could get the parents phone#. Or find out where he lives. I think you should definitely try to talk to the kids parents(in the nice Aly way). You never know if the kid took it and then is hiding it somewhere that the parents would never see. Don't accuse him but just see if you can get him to confess. How sad for Trevor. We need to get the boys together to play soon!! Good Luck.

Cassidy said...

oh the frustration is right. man poor trevor. I don't know what to tell you. How irritating though. I am surprised by the school. Call me.

Doty Family said...

That stinks! I just stumbled across your blog and had to let you know that your family is so cute!!! I'll drop by from time to time. I'm adding you to my sidebar, hope you don't mind!

Crystal said...

Ugh! What a pain in the keaster--seriously screwed up! I hope it went alright!

Your grating is looking sooooo good!!!

Keri said...

have you found the bike yet? Hey I wanted to thank you for the referral that you gave me with Pampered Chef. I owe ya one! Give me a call when you get a chance I tried to call you today, and left a message with someone, but now that you're a workin girl, I don't know when you are home!